Unfortunately, home burglaries are something that happen far too often. Faced with this situation, alarms are the best option to prevent criminals from getting what they want. If you would like more information, at Terra Homes we are going to tell you about the best home security alarms to install at your home.
Tabla de Contenidos
- 1 What are the best home security alarms on the market?
- 2 Tips to prevent home burglaries
What are the best home security alarms on the market?
If you are looking for a home security alarm, one choice would be to contract a private security company. However, if you do not want to pay a monthly fee another option would be to buy an alarm system and to install it yourself. We suggest the following alarms:
This alarm system is ideal for a large home, as it is expandable to up to 100 sensors, 10 remote controls, and 10 RFID keys. It is also perfect when it comes to preventing false alarms, thanks to its capacity to analyse its surroundings.
The notable features of this alarm are the following:
- It includes a door and window sensor, as well as a motion sensor.
- It is compatible with window and door opening sensors, motion sensors, and smoke, gas, water, and carbon monoxide detectors.
- It has a voice control option which can be used through Alexa and Google Home.
- It is easy to install.
- You can set it up using its touchscreen, the app, or voice command devices.
- It is very affordable.
Somfy Home Alarm Plus 187523
One of the most interesting features of this alarm is that it detects vibrations, meaning that it can give the alert even before the intrusion takes place. That is why it is especially useful in areas that are commonly targeted by burglars, or at a time when you believe that somebody might attempt to intrude your property.
Some of the highlights of this alarm are listed below:
- Compatible voice control with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT and TaHoma.
- It includes three door and window sensors and a motion sensor.
- Compatible with security cameras.
- It is a loud alarm, including one 112dB exterior siren and one 110dB interior siren.
- The volume can be controlled from your smartphone.
- It is simple to install.
- It includes three remote controls to let the alarm know when people enter and leave the property.
D1D9 OCC1 Alarm System
With an attractive price, this is a comprehensive and reliable alarm that is easy to use and that provides you with everything that you are looking for with this kind of system.
In regard to this specific alarm, we want to highlight the following features:
- It can be controlled remotely by voice or by telephone.
- In the case of emergency, there is a button on the remote control that can be pressed to turn off the system and turn it into a telephone.
- If the cables are cut, it can also work through its built-in battery.
- It can work as a spare mobile telephone.
Tips to prevent home burglaries
As previously stated, alarm systems are the best way to prevent home burglaries. However, there are also some other recommendations to follow in this regard:
Nowadays, plenty of people share real time information about their trips on social media. However, that is a grave mistake, as criminals are always looking out for the movements of those people they want to burgle. That is why it is essential to be discreet and to not share that you are away on social media.
Keep your letter box empty
A full letter box will always catch the eye of burglars, as it is a fairly decent clue that there is nobody home, or that there is not much going on there. If you are going away, leave the key to your letter box with somebody you trust and ask them to empty it on a regular basis.
Make use of the benefits of a smart home
If you can schedule the lights or certain devices, such as the TV, to turn on or off on their own, from the outside looking in it may appear as if there are people at home. That’s why investing in a smart home is not just about additional home comforts, it also offers security benefits.
Don’t completely close your blinds
If you have your blinds completely closed, it may seem as if nobody is at home, even if there are actually people there. The best thing to do is to have your blinds half shut, to give off the impression that there is somebody home. If you are away, ask a trusted person to go to your home to frequently open and close the blinds to make it appear as if somebody is there.
Make sure that all of the windows and doors are locked
This may seem obvious, but particularly in a large house with several doors and windows, it is easy to forget. Now you know what the best home security alarms are and the tips to follow to prevent your home being burgled, act now and strengthen your home’s security as soon as possible.